Monday, August 27, 2007

Indie Designers - more stylish and affordable

I've been overwhelmed by all the great indie designers I've met lately. That's one of the many great things about fashionCEO. I meet some really cool, creative people. Not all the talent is sitting on the shelves of Nordstroms, that is for sure. There are so many talented designers out there creating bags, jewelry and clothing and operate as a small business. Its a little like finding a diamond in the rough (or is it ruff)? I know its easy to go into Target or Macys and pick up a cute handbag, I've done it myself, but I've decided that I'd rather spend my money on the incredibly stylish indie products that are out there. Here are a few examples:


This cute duffel bag by Eleni Bags is just $68.00


The "Isn't She Lovely" Eleni Evening bag retails for $52.00. What a deal! More money in the bag for the cosmo!



This Custom Name Bracelet by Little Gems is a stylish steal at $38.25.



I love this dress by reddoll. I loved it even more after I saw the price. $45.00! Available at Smashing Darling. This is a steal!

I could go on (and will in future posts) about all the incredible talent out there in the indie fashion world. Next time you are looking for a deal, before running off to Target, find a great indie designer and help support her business! (and don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Target fan, but mostly for DVD's, picture frames, etc).

Have a favorite indie designer? Let me know about them!

Have a fashionable day!

S

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

www.dressedbydanni.co.uk

Dressedbydanni is a unique clothing and accessories website that will have you loosening those purse strings in no time. Our website doesn’t intend to dictate what you should be wearing this season, it simply offers you a very tempting escape route from the high street. Dressedbydanni puts a signature spin on prevailing trends and allows you to capture an essence of fashionable simplicity, which is much more appealing than being yet another high street clone.