Monday, May 28, 2007

Fashionpreneur Links

I've come across a few cool sites recently that might be worth checking out. A new site that is about to launch is Trendi. If you are an independent designer ready to sell your goods to the public, check them out. They are a cool group pulling together designers to feature on their site. If you are a designer, you are probably well aware of Lucky Magazine. I noticed they now have a Lucky blog on their site that's fun to read. Another must-read if you are a designer is WWD. I'm guessing you know about WWD, but if you don't, you need to check it out. It is THE resource for the fashion industry. I subscribe to their daily news email. It gets kind of hard to keep up with, especially when you're busy, and most of the news relates to luxury designers and big-business retailers...but its still interesting to know whats going on in our "biz".

I recently signed up for the DailyCandy emails. I know I'm a little slow in signing up. I've always figured I could just drop by the site when I have the time, but I decided receiving the email in the inbox would remind me to check out what's happening on there. It's good to look at DailyCandy to see what's new and hot out there, plus to check out your competition if you are a designer. It's good to see who's getting good press and why.

Oh, another plug for the fashionCEO site (I'm shameless), but I'm excited to announce our upcoming Guest Speaker. Dale Lindholm is with Pure Accessories in NYC. Pure Accessories in a high-end accessories showroom. If you have a nice bag line or clothing line and you are not showing your work in a NYC showroom, I would recommend looking into it. Dale's showroom is really good...which is why he is going to make an excellent Guest Speaker interview. Be sure and sign up on the fashionCEO site so you can read it in the coming weeks.

No comments: