Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Sketches and the Fashionpreneur

Here is what my sketches looked like when I sent them to Manolucci. It's nothing simple, but it gives enough detail for the manufacturer to go off of. Keep in mind they had a lot of questions and we talked over some details on the phone. But this got the ball rolling. I'm sure they aren't perfect by any means, but it gives you an idea if you are trying to figure out where to start with a handbag sketch. Notice I have a style # in the upper left hand corner. You probably already know this, but sewing contractors always want a style # on each design. This isn't a name like the "Julie Bag". This is more like "7501", or something like that. That way the contractor and you always know which style you are referring to when placing production orders, etc.


When I was searching for these sketches on the computer I came across this picture. I went to NYC last summer to walk the Designers & Agents show and afterwards I met my friend Janice for a cocktail at a bar in mid-town. Charles Barkley just happened to be at the same bar. Shy that I am, I pretended I didn't even see him (how can you miss him). But Janice's sister had a lot more you-know-what's than me...when it appeared Charles was leaving, she ran up to him and asked for a picture. So here we are in our wine haze! That's me on the left (the short one). Charles was very, very sweet and gracious. Afterwards we went to a great little sports bar near Rockefeller Center and has fries, onion rings and pints of beer. (Charles didn't come with us.) It was a lovely evening, I must say! But I digress!

No comments: