Thursday, June 28, 2007

What's Up With MySpace?

Have any of you had luck marketing your line on MySpace? I can not figure that site out for the life of me. Is it because I'm over 30? Being that its all the rage, I broke down and created a page for fashionCEO, thinking that perhaps that would plunge me into the cool world. I can now say at parties "hey, check out my MySpace page". I don't think I'm welcome in the cool world. I'm like the kid in the corner at the high school dance that no one notices. The first week that I had my MySpace page I would log in everyday to see the hundreds of friend requests that would be awaiting me. I can hear crickets chirping on my page. I can't figure out how to network and make friends on there. And the few people who have asked me to be their friend are really scary looking people that I'm guessing are recruiting people to come drink Kool-Aid with them.

I've had MUCH better luck with Facebook. I like Facebook. It's easy to navigate, there are some great fashion groups that are easy to find and I like the interface better. It's much cleaner. I get alot of links from Facebook because I've joined some fashion groups and posted messages in them. If you are have a line that you are marketing to the public, I highly suggest using Facebook if you aren't already. Its free...what do you have to lose? I even had another designer email and ask me to be in his fashion group. Aha! I am cool in Facebook! I think I'm sticking with it.

If you have any suggestions or tips on how to use MySpace, I'm all ears.

No comments: