Thursday, July 26, 2007

Taking your creative thinking outside the box

I love it when I see designs that surprise me. Its just so cool. I recently checked out the website of a fashionCEO member named Martha. She has a line of handbags called Unico. But these aren't just any bags. Each bag is an interesting combination of recyclable materials. I still can't figure out how she makes them, but I sure am impressed. Check them out...








Potato chip bags, candy wrappers, you name it and Martha has probably used it in one of her fabulous creations.

It just goes to show that its important to think outside the box and try different things. Who says a bag has to be made of pebbled leather or a necklace has to be made of your standard jewel. Let your mind go wild! Be creative. I think all of us designers are creative, but we often feel like we have to go with the standard, because that's what the industry expects of us. Raise the bar and push the envelope. I think anytime you do something a little different and unexpected...that's when people really take notice.

Make people take notice of YOUR work!

S

(photos by Unico)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Wow... This is Amazing!

lou lou said...
This comment has been removed by the author.